Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet
Search type

Student complaints

If a student has a complaint to make, they should normally speak to the staff member concerned as soon as they can as things can often be resolved at an early stage.

They should only submit a formal complaint if they remain dissatisfied after the informal discussion. 

What kind of complaints does the Appeals and Complaints Team deal with?

We deal with complaints submitted under Regulation XVIII (Student Complaints Procedure) or the Dignity at Work and Study Procedure for Students

Regulation XVIII complaints relate to ‘the provision of programmes, or parts of programmes of study, services or facilities by the University’ or ‘the actions or lack of actions by the University or its staff.’ 

Dignity at Work and Study complaints relate to allegations of bullying, harassment, discrimination or victimisation from students against other students or members of staff.


Submitting a formal complaint

More information