We have four main goals in providing a more environmental sustainable Faculty:
- Reduce > Reuse > Recycle waste.
- Electricity: Awareness, responsibility and holiday shutdowns.
- Travel: Promotion of alternatives and university incentives.
- Procurement: To value sustainability in procurement.
Our goals are in partnership with those of the University, the City of Manchester and the UK Government. We ensure these goals are met by proactively raising awareness of these issues to both staff and students.
The information booklet 'Easy Everyday Eco Actions for Everyone' provides practical advice for staff and students around environmental sustainability. The booklet outlines local recycling facilities, green transport, waste reduction, event organising and ethical purchasing and includes links to relevant websites.
Faculty sustainability contact
BMH Social Responsibility and Public Engagement team
tel: 0161 306 1380
Schools Sustainability Contacts
- Division of Informatics, Imaging and Data Sciences: Victoria Turner / Rachel Thompson
- Division of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work: Andrew Hall
- Division of Pharmacy and Optometry: Annalisa Tirella
- Division of Population Health, Health Services Research and Primary Care: Rebecca Hays
- Division of Psychology and Mental Health: Doron Cohen
- Division of Cardiovascular Sciences: Ahsraf Kitmotto
- Division of Dentistry: Senathirajah Ariyaratnam
- Division of Developmental Biology and Medicine: Michelle Desforges
- Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Gastroenterology: Natalie Gardiner
- Division of Medical Education (including CHSTM): Stephanie Snow
- Division of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Sciences: Suzanne Johnson