Fitness to practise
Many students within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health come into contact with the public when undertaking practical training as part of their study.
The Faculty has a duty to ensure that those students are fit to practise and has established a procedure for dealing with student-related fitness to practise issues:
- FBMH Fitness to Practise procedure (academic year 2020/21)
- FBMH Fitness to Practise procedure (academic year 2019/20)
- Advice to Students (2020/21)
Any issues surrounding professional behaviour should at first be investigated at School level. Only when an internal School investigation has concluded will a Faculty-level Committee on Fitness to Practise consider a case.
On rare occasions, it might be necessary to temporarily suspend a student whilst fitness to practise proceedings are ongoing.
For more information, see the following:
- FBMH Fitness to Practise procedure (academic year 2019/20) and FBMH Fitness to Practise procedure (academic year 2020/21)
Further guidance on the Fitness to Practise procedure
- Glossary of terms - fitness to practise, fitness for practice, fitness to study
- Advice on medical assessments and disclosing health information