The University’s Environmental Sustainability department has a wealth of advice. Some key points are:
- Veg Box People run a veg bag scheme that lets you buy fresh, organic, locally produced vegetables, free range eggs and Trove bread that you can pick up right on campus.
- You can save 20p on hot drinks at Food on Campus cafes by using reuseable mugs.
- Estates have a handy guide on how to recycle lots of different waste types and safely dispose of others.
- Cycle to uni community: the University of Manchester’s Bike Users Group (UMBUG).
- RunCommute provides information and guidance on how to join the growing community of run-commuters at the University for support and encouragement.
- Car-sharing. Sign up to the Greater Manchester car share scheme for a secure online matching service to find local people who make a similar journey to you. It’s free and simple to join.
- The University’s Estates team has an Energy Dashboard where you can view the water, heat, carbon emissions for heat and electricity and water by site.