LMS Advisory Group
The Library Management System (LMS) Advisory Group is a forum for ensuring the effective use of the ExLibris Alma. It will ensure requirements from the different business areas of the Library are captured, prioritised and fed into system development. It will also help inform strategy, policy and service development by raising issues of common concern, identifying new opportunities for development, and considering new working practices.
The LMS Advisory Group Reports to: Head of Content, Collections Discovery and Head of Digital Technologies & Services.
Aims of the group
- Explore ideas to improve workflows, identify innovations and formulate future development proposals
- Capture and prioritise requirements from different business areas in the Library with regard to LMS functionality
- Provide a forum to discuss issues regarding Alma and present ideas for consideration
- Enable communication between all key library services with regard to LMS related issues
- Establish a formal feedback mechanism throughout the library service with regard to decisions made
- Identify any Alma functionality issues and agree an approach to resolving them
- Consider integration issues with other systems
- Oversee LMS release schedule, ensuring new functionality is tested and make recommendations on what is enabled
- Disseminate and share feedback from relevant user groups and conferences (IGeLU /EPUG UK)
- Discuss and consider roadmap developments in Alma
- Generate ideas following the implementation by ExLibris of the Ideas Exchange
- Discuss and agree voting strategy during Alma enhancement cycle (NERs) process