The Library is involved in many projects promoting environmental sustainability and Ciaran Talbot is the Environmental Sustainability Lead for the Library:
What can we do?
Richard Smith, the Head of Environmental Sustainability for the University spoke to the Library at the all staff meeting on 20 March 2023.
He asked us:
- What can you do in your role to reduce environmental impact?
- Can you be a champion for these issues?
- Think about the energy you use, the stuff you buy and why, how, and where you travel. For example, turn off your monitor when not at your desk. Switch off the office lights when not there.
- And finally, what will staff, students and visitors think about the Library and its commitment to Environmental Sustainability?
- Environmental Sustainability
The University's page provides lots of informtion on what they are doing and what you can do.
- Team channel
You can find current initiatives on the Wellbeing and Social channel on the all staff Team.
- 50,000 Actions
The former award winning 10,000 Actions is now the 50,000 Actions programme, and is available to all staff and students to sign up and log actions.
- University Resources
A short list of useful resources.