Alma and Library Search
Alma is the platform that powers Library Search.
Issues, updates and reporting
- Report any issues with Alma or Library Search to the IT Support Portal
- If you are concerned about progress being made in fixing an issue, or if an issue is causing severe difficulties, please raise this with the LMS Advisory Group
- You can also sign-up to receive an Alma email to notify you of any issues with Alma/Library Search and to inform you of any new services and functionality
- You can also suggest and vote on improvements for Alma and Primo via Ex Libris’ Idea Exchange website
Training resources, documentation and release notes
- Alma staff access can now be requested via the IT Support by searching Library Staff ALMA Access
- A new version of Alma is released on the first Sunday of each month. Release notes are available in the Alma Online Help
- Online training, and help documentation for Alma and Primo are available on the Ex Libris Knowledge Centre
- Other Alma and Primo documentation, guides and training materials can be found on the S drive under S:\Alma\Guides, documentation and training
- Details of the Library systems included in Library Search can be found on the 'What is Library Search' page on the Library Website. Records are updated overnight
- Library Search also includes Primo Central which is a cross-disciplinary resource that details millions of e-resources, such as journal articles, e-books, and digital collections
- To report any issues with Library Search please contact the IT Support Portal
Alma live and sandbox links
Alma has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
- Login to Alma (live system)
- Login to Alma sandbox (test system)
Primo live and sandbox links
Primo has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
Primo front end
- Open Library Search (live system)
- Open Library Search sandbox (test system)
Primo back office
Primo is now administered through the Alma interface as the traditional back office no longer exists. To make changes to Primo, please use the Alma links above.
Leganto live and sandbox links
Leganto has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
LMS Advisory Group
The LMS Advisory Group is the forum for ensuring the effective use of the LMS (Alma) with its associated Resource Discovery Service (Primo) currently known as Library Search.