Alma, Library Search and Reading Lists Online
Alma is the platform that powers Library Search (Primo) and Reading Lists Online (Leganto).
Issues, updates and reporting
- Report any issues with Alma, Library Search or Reading Lists Online to the IT Support Portal
- If you are concerned about progress being made in fixing an issue, or if an issue is causing severe difficulties, please raise this with the LMS Advisory Group
- You can also sign-up to receive an Alma email to notify you of any issues with Alma/Library Search and to inform you of any new services and functionality
- You can also suggest and vote on improvements for Alma and Primo via Ex Libris’ Idea Exchange website
Training resources, documentation and release notes
- Alma staff access can now be requested via the IT Support by searching Library Staff ALMA Access.
- Resolved issue updates for Alma, Primo and Leganto are released monthly on the first Sunday of each month. Alma and Primo receive feature updates quarterly (February, May, August and November), while Leganto receives them monthly. Release notes are available in the Ex Libris Knowledge Centre.
- Online training, and help documentation for Alma, Primo and Leganto are available on the Ex Libris Knowledge Centre.
- Details of the Library systems included in Library Search can be found on the 'What is Library Search' page on the Library Website. Records are updated overnight
- Library Search also includes the Central Discovery Index which is a cross-disciplinary resource that details millions of e-resources, such as journal articles, e-books, and digital collections.
- Reading Lists Online is the front-end of Leganto which is administered through Alma. For more details and guides please visit the Reading Lists page on the Library website.
Alma live and sandbox links
Alma has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
Primo live and sandbox links
Primo has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
Leganto live and sandbox links
Leganto has a live environment and a 'sandbox' or test environment.
LMS Advisory Group
The LMS Advisory Group is the forum for ensuring the effective use of the LMS (Alma) with its associated Resource Discovery Service (Primo) currently known as Library Search.