Get involved in Get Started
16 Aug 2023
Every year at the start of Semester 1 all Library staff participate in Get Started, our initiative to welcome new students and equip them with the skills they need to use our services throughout our courses.
This year, Get Started will run from Monday, 11 September to Friday, 6 October. Library promotion will direct to the Get Started web page, which will host welcome and introductory messaging for new and returning students, as well as details of online and in-person events.
Sign up for an activity
To deliver an outstanding experience for students, all Library staff are asked to sign up to a Get Started activity during the initiative. Staff can choose from a variety of tasks according to their availability.
If you would like to learn more about our Library Welcome offer, staff can attend an online induction session (around 45 minutes). We will go over our key messages, Library activities and extra support available for students, as well answering any questions you might have. Library tours will also be given by Customer Services, so staff can familiarise themselves with Get Started information.
- Sign up for a Get Started online information session for Library staff
- Sign up for a Main Library tour for Library staff
All Library staff are encouraged to sign up to one Get Started activity. Available activities are:
- Start of Year Fair (three hour time commitment; slots available 18-19 September)
- Textbook Rescue giveaway event (one hour time commitment; slots available 21 September)
- Get Started stand at Main Library (one hour time commitment; slots available 18 September - 6 October)
- Roving support at Main Library (one hour time commitment; slots available 18 September - 6 October)
To sign up, insert your name against your chosen training session and activity in this spreadsheet. Use the spreadsheet tabs to see all available activities and slots.
Need branded clothing?
- All staff wear branded clothing at all times during Get Started to ensure we are visible to students who need support. If you need new items please contact the Library office.
Hidden Disabilities scheme
- We would like staff involved in Get Started activities to show the Library's support for the Hidden Disabilities scheme. You can do this by wearing a Hidden Disabilities supporter pin or lanyard. These are available from Main Library, Crawford House and Rylands staff rooms or you can contact Esther Miller.
- We encourage all staff to watch the short Hidden Disabilities training video to learn more about the scheme.