This section provides information on support available when applying for promotion. It includes: Training and workshop support, Policies, procedures and guidance; Promotion criteria and links to useful information.
There are a series of workshops to support colleagues applying for promotion.There is one session for each promotion track, dates and further information for next years sessions are available below, if you require support before then please contact your School Promotions Advisors.
As an equal opportunities employer, the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health is committed to promoting equality and diversity for all and in supporting all suitably qualified candidates for promotion.
As part of our commitment to both the Athena SWAN charter and the Race Equality charter, we particularly welcome female and black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) colleagues to attend this session. Academic promotions will always be awarded on merit.
Workshops previously delievered by CARD Click the links below to book on to the workshop (or waitlist)
- FBMHS7402 Promotions workshop: Teaching focused September 2022 tbc
- FBMHS7401 Promotions workshop: Teaching and Research September 2022 tbc
- FBMHS4304 Promotions Workshop: Research Staff September 2022 tbc
- FBMHS4303 Promotions Support Appointments (FBMH Research Staff) December 2022 tbc (30 min 1:1s)
Research staff: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic staff: contact People and OD
Policies, Procedures and Guidance
Useful documents / information for academic promotions:
- University of Manchester Academic and Research Promotions Page
- Research Staff Promotions FAQ's
- FBMH Academic Promotions Procedure 2021-2022
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer Grade 6
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer Grade 7
- Criteria for Promotion to Grade 6 Research Associate
- Criteria for Promotion to Grade 7 Research Fellow
- FBMH Academic Promotions Timetable 2021-2022
- FBMH Curriculum Vitae Guidance
- FBMH Promotions Advisors - local support and guidance for those applying for promotion
- Evidencing Researcher Development and Collegiality in Academic Promotions Applications
Forms for use in academic promotions:
- Form 1 Individual Statement
- Form 2 Senior Colleague Statement
- Form 3 School Promotions Committee Recommendations
- Form 4 Referee Details
Applicants for promotion are asked to note the following points:
- When selecting a promotions track you should ensure that this is in line with your contract of employment. If you have any queries about this please discuss this with your Head of Division in the first instance.
- Where an application for promotion to Chair is unsuccessful it will not then be considered for promotion to Reader in the same promotions round by either the School or Faculty Promotions Committee.