Transform your commute with a free e-bike trial
23 Jun 2022
University staff can hire an e-bike free of charge for up to 4 weeks under this new scheme
We are encouraging commuters to give e-bikes a try but without the financial commitment. The electric assistance on e-bikes helps to make journeys much easier allowing longer distances to be cycled and hills to be tackled without breaking a sweat.
How does it work?
- Choose an e-bike from the range that includes step-through, folding and an e-cargo bike.
- Hire for up to four weeks free of charge.
- Includes locks, lights, helmet (if requested) plus full support & maintenance.
The scheme is managed by Manchester Bikes on behalf of our University. It will be available on a first come, first served basis. When you sign up, you will receive more information about insurance, handover, overnight storage, locking your e-bike up securely and how to report any problems.
What happens after the free trial?
- Rent - carry on renting the e-bike and equipment, from £15 per week.
- Buy - purchase your own e-bike, take interest-free credit or use our Cycle to Work Scheme through Manchester Bike Hire.
- Return - hand your e-bike and equipment back, without further cost or penalty.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) offers a range of riding courses from complete beginners to experienced cyclists if you want to build your confidence: