Life Line training for staff
10 Sep 2019
Help students who may be struggling with their mental health, losing hope or experiencing thoughts of suicide
The Counselling Service are offering training for staff on helping students who may be struggling with their mental health, losing hope or experiencing thoughts of suicide
Life Line will focus on:
- raising basic awareness of mental health problems;
- recognising when someone is in a crisis;
- identifying and managing risks that may be associated with mental health issues;
- building upon confidence when speaking with someone about how they are feeling;
- being aware of services both within the University and outside agencies that can be accessed to provide help.
The next session will take place on Tuesday, 17 September 9.30am – 12.30pm, Roomm 5.004 in the Counselling Service, 5th floor Crawford House.
As there is internal building work going on in Crawford House you will need to use the entrance that will bring you up to Counselling Reception. Please wait at reception until a member of staff has acknowledged your arrival.
If you are unable to attend this session and would like to come along to another, or you have any issues with booking please contact Paul Duffy.