Important information about teaching resources for 2023/24
22 May 2023
It is time to help us get your reading lists ready and choose your core eTextbook for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Reading Lists Online is the only way to order new teaching resources. Please refer to useful information about the Reading Lists service including FAQs and User guides and the Library policy for the purchase of reading list books.
What you need to do...
- Review the importance tags on your lists to ensure they are correct and tag any new items according to our policy for the purchase of reading list books. Tags are for purchasing purposes only and are not visible to your students.
- Click the 'SUBMIT CHANGES TO LIBRARY' button at the top right of your list to send your list to the Library for review. The button will change to 'LIST SENT.' You will not be able to resubmit until a new change has been made to the list.
- If a module has a reading list and is no longer running or has changed semester, please contact email@example.com. In preparation for the new academic year the Library will duplicate all current reading lists in Reading Lists Online. These duplicate reading lists will be visible and ready for you to edit in early June, but your students will not see them in Blackboard. Further information is available on our FAQ page.
Requesting your eTextbook
The Library's eTextbook programme provides each student on a course unit with their own personal copy of a downloadable interactive electronic core* textbook via the Kortext platform. Further information about the programme can be found on our eTextbook webpage.
*A core textbook is defined as "a textbook which students are required to use extensively throughout the course" in the Library policy for the purchase of reading list books.
Let the team know your choice of title by 16 June.
- If you have not had an eTextbook supplied for your course unit before, tag one item as Core. You must then click Submit Changes to the Library. The button will change to 'LIST SENT.'
A note 'Being considered for the eTextbook programme' will be added to the title within three days. If you do not see this note contact the team.
- If you wish to change the eTextbook on your list, you will need to remove the Core tag and tag an alternative item. You must then click Submit changes to the Library. The button will change to 'LIST SENT.'
A note 'Being considered for the eTextbook programme' will be added to the title within 3 days, if you do not see this note contact the team.
- If you have already been provided with a core eTextbook for 2022/23 and would like the same title to be provided again in 2023/24 then no further action is required.
Only one item should be tagged as Core, multiple Core tags will not be recognised by the system. The Library will provide the latest edition of the text as a default, please contact the team if you require a different edition.
If we are unable to supply your core title as an eTextbook, we will supply a standard eBook platform linked from your reading list.
For help and guidance please see our Frequently asked questions and user guides.
- For any further support please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.