Many of our academic and research colleagues across the Faculty are involved in supervising postgraduate researchers. To help and support you with this, we have a supervisor toolkit that has a wealth of resources covering all aspects of supervision. There is also a yammer group specifically for postgraduate research supervisors so that you can share resources and ideas with like-minded colleagues.
PGR Supervisors Toolkit
The University's Postgraduate Researcher Supervisor Toolkit was created to support supervisors in their role. The resource brings together information and guidance about all aspects of research supervision from recruitment through to completion as well as Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. The aim of the resource is to provide quick signposting to useful services, enabling you to navigate policies and regulations, and facilitating your interactions with postgraduate researchers.
Key online training modules and links available for PGR supervisors are outlined below;
- Supporting PGR Mental Health and Wellbeing for PGR Supervisors - An overview of mental health within the context of postgraduate researchers including guidance on how supervisors can identify, respond to and support PGRs in distress
- Case Studies for PGR Supervision in the Context of Mental Health Difficulties - Case studies are used to examine the process of PGR supervision when a supervisee is experiencing difficulties
- What postgraduate researchers should do during their first 100 days
- PGR Supervisor Remote Supervision Guidance
- UKCGE good supervisory practice framework
- Vivas by Video - Guidance on holding video vivas during the temporary period of remote working necessitated by Coronavirus.
PGR Supervisors Yammer Group
PGR supervisors are encouraged to join the PGR Supervisors Yammer group. This has been set up to signpost to guidance on remote supervision and to share resources and ideas from colleagues and the sector.