Submissions invited for University Teaching Excellence Awards 2019
15 Mar 2019
Teaching Excellence Awards recognise individuals’ significant and sustained commitment to teaching, learning and the student academic experience over recent years
Do you have a track record of excellent achievement in teaching, learning and student experience activity? Could you be one of the 2019 Teaching Excellence Award winners?
Teaching Excellence Awards recognise individuals’ significant and sustained commitment to teaching, learning and the student academic experience over recent years.
Both academic and related colleagues, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, are eligible to apply. Cases should include evidence of an academically rigorous approach, coherence and evaluation of activity.
The Award consists of a £5000 grant to be used by recipients over a period of up to three years to develop teaching and learning activities or to support their own career development in this area.
Professor Kersti Börjars, Associate Vice-President (Teaching, Learning and Students) chairs the cross-university panel which makes up to 6 full awards annually and may also issue commendations.
Key dates and contacts
- Faculty of Science and Engineering - submissions to Professor Louise Walker by Thursday, 25 April 2019
- Faculty of Humanities – submissions to Helen Davenport by Wednesday, 24 April 2019
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health – submissions to Stephanie Beck by Tuesday, 7 May 2019
- Submission for PS and Cultural Institutions – submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 24 April 2019
- An awards ceremony will be held in July 2019
For further information