Overtime Rates and Claims
All overtime must be agreed in advance by your Line Manager.
Overtime is only paid to staff who are on Grades 1 to 5 and on Support Terms and Conditions.
To submit your overtime claim, please complete one of the following forms (depending on whether you receive your salary in the middle or at the end of the month):
- If you receive your salary in the middle of the month, the deadline for submitting your overtime claim is the 1st of every month.
- If you receive your salary at the end of the month, the deadline for submitting your overtime claim is the 13th of every month.
More information about Payroll deadlines can be found here.
- Part-time staff will be paid overtime at their normal plain time rate until the hours worked exceeds 35 hours per week - overtime will then be paid at the rate(s) detailed below
- A period of 30 minutes or less will be considered under Flexible Working Arrangements and will not qualify for overtime
- Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) will be at plain time
- Security Staff will be paid all overtime at an average of 1.625 x normal hourly rate - this is equivalent to the rates detailed below
|Monday to Saturday||Time and a half or TOIL|
|Sunday||Double time or TOIL|
|Bank Holidays and Closure Days||Double time or TOIL|
|First Rest Day||Time and a half or TOIL|
|First Rest Day when it falls on a Bank Holiday||Double time or TOIL|
|Second Rest Day||Double time or TOIL|