Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet
Search type

Childcare vouchers

Save money on your childcare costs

Our Childcare Voucher Scheme

Due to government changes our Childcare Vouchers Scheme had to close to new joiners or those who had exceeded a 12 month break from the 4th October 2018.

New parents now have the choice of using:

The government’s Tax Free Childcare Scheme

The University’s Workplace Nursery Scheme

Our scheme

How can I save money by using the KiddiVoucher's scheme?

Your savings will depend on the amount of childcare vouchers you order and the amount of tax and National Insurance you normally pay.  Childcare voucher legislation changed in April 2011, so your savings will also depend on whether you joined the University’s childcare voucher scheme before or after this date. 

What can childcare vouchers be used for?

Childcare vouchers can be used to pay for many kinds of childcare, including: nurseries, playgroups and pre-school; registered childminders; after-school clubs and breakfast clubs; holiday play schemes and nannies and au-pairs.

What are the scheme rules?

Please visit the KiddiVoucher's link for the full scheme rules (as at 5 April 2015). 

How to cancel

Please cancel via your online account or by phoning 0800 612 9015.  

Making changes (Coronavirus)

If you need to reduce the amount you pay to your nursery or defer payments, please use your KiddiVouchers online account to make the necessary changes. Do not contact HR Services. 

If you have any issues please telephone KiddiVouchers via Wider Plan on: 0800 612 9015. You may need to quote our scheme number: S439777W

More information

Independent advice on childcare costs is available via:

If you need further information not listed above, please contact HR Services at:

Contact information

If you need further information not listed above, please contact HR Services at: