Road closures for Manchester City trophy parade
14 May 2012
Manchester City FC will be holding an open-top bus trophy parade this evening (Monday 14 May), to mark the Club’s first league title win in 44 years.
The parade will take place in Manchester city centre from 6.30pm, meaning that some roads will be closed and buses on and around the parade route will be diverted. Large numbers of people are expected to come to the parade, so passengers can expect the city centre to be crowded.
The open-top bus tour will start from Albert Square at 6.30pm and travel through the city centre along Princess Street, Portland Street, Chepstow Street, Great Bridgewater Street, Albion Street, Whitworth Street West, Deansgate, St Mary's Gate, Corporation Street and Exchange Square, where the parade will end at 7.45pm.
For a map of the route, see:
- Manchester City Trophy Parade (PD, 244.35KB)
The following temporary road closures will be in progress:
- Albert Square - 9am onwards
- Princess Street - 10am onwards
- Portland Street - 5pm onwards
- Chepstow Street - 6.30pm onwards
- Great Bridgewater Street - 6.30pm onwards
- Whitworth Street West - 6.30pm onwards
- Deansgate - 3pm onwards (key junctions kept open)
- St Mary’s Gate - 5pm onwards
For full details of bus diversions, see: