Collaborative working through the Professional Development Network
08 Sep 2015
Do you know that the University offers staff an opportunity to work together on work-based issues through the Professional Development Network?
Open to all staff at the University this peer support network consists of a number of small groups who meet regularly to discuss issues and agree appropriate actions with which to address them.
This method of peer support and learning gives individuals the opportunity to:
- focus on real work-based issues;
- reflect with peers and find workable solutions together;
- try out new approaches and methods;
- report back on the impact of actions taken.
The network is in its sixth year and is co-ordinated by Staff Learning and Development.
If you are interested in joining or hearing more about the network you are invited to our annual ‘Professional Development Network’ event on Tuesday 1st December 2015 from 9.30 am until 2.00pm at the Kanaris Theatre, Manchester Museum (lunch is provided).
- 9.15am Tea/coffee
- 9.30am Introduction and Welcome to new members. Delegates will have the opportunity to:
learn about Action Learning;
practice some of the skills involved;
hear more about the Professional Development Network.
- 10.30am Existing members arrive (Tea/Coffee-available)
- 10.45am Keynote speaker- ‘Innovation and Creativity’
- 12.45am Lunch and networking
- 1.45pm Close
To reserve a place visit:
If you have any questions about the network or the event, please contact:
- Denise Fieldhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org