TLS recruiting students for Digital Society: Your Place in a Networked World
29 Nov 2022
The Library's online UCIL course unit runs in Semester 2
Teaching, Learning and Students are looking ahead to Semester 2, when they will run Digital Society, the Library’s UCIL course unit.
Digital Society offers undergraduate students the opportunity to explore the relationship between digital technology, society, and themselves, from the connectedness of our lives and the machines around us, to how we communicate with each other. It includes exciting topics like:
- The Internet: How have key developments in the history of the internet made us more connected to information, and each other?
- Digital Engagement: How does 'digital' impact on our engagement with each other, organisations, and our environment?
- The individual, identity and ethics: As individuals, how are we governed in a digital society?
- The Internet of Things: What is it and what does it mean for you?
- Critically analysing information: Online criticality, critical analysis and how to develop your own critical voice.
- Reflecting on Digital Society and skills for your future: How do changing skills and digital society affect your future employability?
To find out more, visit the UCIL website.
You can also read more about the course topics and delivery on the Digital Society Medium pages.