Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Team
We are the team based in the Directorate of Research and Business Engagement Support Services responsible for developing and monitoring University policy and providing guidance and support to researchers in the area of research governance, integrity and ethics.
- Details of the University’s expectations of good research conduct and guidance to support researchers in meeting those expectations.
- Details about the regulations and legislation that govern research conduct and details of the University’s approach to compliance with these.
- Guidance about research ethics including how to apply for ethics approval.
- Information about compliance with the Human Tissue Act and how to register your tissue-based study.
- Information about compliance with the Medicines for Human use (Clinical Trials) Regulations which govern clinical trials of investigational medicinal products.
- Links to all the policies and standard operating procedures that govern research conduct.
- Latest news in the areas of research governance, integrity and ethics
- Guidance to anyone with concerns about potential research misconduct with details of the University’s procedure for investigating concerns about the conduct of research.
- Details about upcoming events and training, including lunchtime workshops which focus on the ethical issues of a variety of research topics
We are also responsible for the production of the quarterly Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity eNewsletter in which we will update you on any changes in legislation or policy that may affect your research. The Newsletter features different areas of research governance to clarify the University’s processes, guidance and support structure in these areas. Click below to subscribe.
On-line System for Ethical Review (ERM)
If you need to apply for ethical review by the University Research Ethics Committee (UREC) or by a Division/School template you must use the new online system for ethical review (ERM).
This system has an automatic submission feature which will automatically submit the application once you have signed the form and obtained any additional signatures. You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been submitted.
|Mrs April Lockyer|
|Head of Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity|
|Mrs Genevieve Pridham|
|Research Ethics Manager|
|Dr Karen Lythe|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Officer (Research Integrity)|
|Dr Diane Escott|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Officer (Human Tissue)|
|Miss Kate Hennessy|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Assistant (Human Tissue and Ethics)|
|Dr Mohammed Zubair|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Manager (Clinical Trials)|
|Miss Stephanie Edwards|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Officer (Clinical Trials)|
|Miss Lubica Stasinkova|
|Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Assistant (Clinical Trials)|
|Miss Beatriz Duran-Jimenez|
|Honorary Lead Pharmacist|
|Mrs Michelle Earnshaw|
|Administrative Assistant (Ethics)|
|Queries Relating To||Contact Name||Telephone|
|Research Ethics, the ERM system or ethics training||Genevieve Pridham||52674|
|Research Integrity, Animal Research, AWERB||Karen Lythe||52706|
|UREC Application Submission or Committee Meetings||Michelle Earnshaw||52206|
|Human Tissue Act or NHS IG Toolkit||Diane Escott||57583|
|Human Tissue Act or Research Ethics||Kate Hennessy||52046|
|Clinical Trials or Medical Devices||Mohammed Zubair||52725|
|Clinical Trials or Medical Devices||Stephanie Edwards||52167|
|Clinical Trials or Medical Devices||Lubica Stasinkova||57283|
|Research Misconduct||April Lockyer||58093|