Policies and SOPs
- All staff working on a clinical trial of an investigational medicinal product (CTIMP), please see the University Policy for Compliance with The Medicines for Human Use.
- Please note the policy and SOPs on this page are controlled documents.
- Any printed version of any of the documents may not be current.
It is the responsibility of colleagues to ensure that the most recent version of the document is accessed and the procedures stated within the document are being followed.
Current Clinical Trials Policy
- UM/11/POL/CTIMP/004 - Policy for Compliance with The Medicines for Human use (Clinical Trials) Regulations 2004 and subsequent amendments (Investigational Medicinal Products) and other Clinical Research
Clinical Trials Insurance Policy
- Forther information about insurance cover for research studies involving human subjects (Clinical Trials).
Clinical Trial Management Group (CTMG) Terms of Reference (.doc)
Standard Operating Procedures.
Applicable, as appropriate, for CTIMP, Medical Device and other high risk studies
- University Sponsorship of a Clinical Trial
- Registration of non-University of Manchester CTIMP
- Assessment of Suitability of a co-Sponsor
- Delegation of Responsibilities
Study Setup and Conduct
- Creation and the Maintenance of a Trial Master File
- Clinical Trial Authorisation
- Substantial and non-Substantial Amendments
- Data monitoring and Ethics Committee / Trial Steering Committee
- Computerised Systems for Clinical Trials
- Data Management
- IT Security and Encryption
- System Level Security Policy
- Case Report Form (CRF)
Pharmacovigilance & Regulatory
- Pharmacovigilance - SAEs
- Pharmacovigilance - DSURs
- Urgent Safety Measures
- Reporting a Serious Breach
Monitoring & Audit
For any queries relating to the policies, procedures and SOPs related to clinical trials, please contact the Research Governance, Ethics and Integrity Manager for Clinical Trials:
Dr Mohammed Zubair
Directorate of Research and Business Engagement
The University of Manchester
0161 275 2725