Recent or upcoming events include:
This event aims to bring together PGR administrators in Schools, Faculties, CDTs, research institutes as well as colleagues from central offices to share expertise, knowledge and ideas. All colleagues involved in research student administration at the University of Manchester are welcome to attend.
The next PGR Admin Network originally scheduled for 5th May 2020 has been cancelled.
- November 2019 PGR Administrators Agenda: Agenda.
- May 2019 PGR Administrators Network: Agenda / Slides
- November 2018 PGR Administrators Network: Agenda
- November 2017 PGR Administrators Network: Agenda / PGR Administrator Network Slides November 2017
- April 2017 PGR Administrators network: Agenda / PGR Administrator Network Slides April 2017
- November 2016 PGR Administrators network: Agenda / PGR Administrator Network Slides Nov 2016 /PGR Admin Network - Q&A
- April 2016 PGR Administrators network: Agenda / Well-being Handy Guide / PGR Administrator Network Slide April 2016 / Questions & responses from the Q&A session
- November 2015 PGR Administrators network: Agenda / PGR Administrator Network slides Nov 2015 / PGR fees/ stipend guideDiscussion comments
- March 2015 PGR Administrators network: Agenda / PGR Administrator network slides March 2015
NOTE: The Recruitment and Admissions Network covers PGR recruitment issues. The PGR administrator’s network does not include any items on admissions and recruitment; any queries should be directed to the Student Recruitment and International Development team.
The 2020 Postgraduate Summer Research Showcase will be taking place on Tuesday 23rd June in Whitworth Hall.
Full details will be added to http://www.psrs.manchester.ac.uk/.
Unfortunately the University of Manchester Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition 2020 has been cancelled.
As a University we are proud of the achievements our postgraduate research students and research supervisors. To recognise and celebrate their success the MDC annually hosts the Postgraduate Research Excellence Awards.
The awards celebrate student and supervisor achievements in the following categories:
- PGR Student of the Year (President’s Distinguished Achievement Award)
- Best Outstanding Output
- Best Contribution to PGR Environment
- Best Contribution to Society
- Best Contribution to Internationalisation
- Supervisor of the Year
Further details of the awards, including the criteria against which Faculty nominations are judged and the Faculty nomination process can be found in the MDC Postgraduate Research Excellence Awards Guidance Notes 2019/20.
Faculty Nomination Forms:
- MDC Postgraduate Research Excellence Awards Nomination Form 2019/20
- Postgraduate Research Student of the Year Award Nomination Form 2019/20
- Supervisor of the Year Award Nomination Form 2019/20
Nomination and Award Timeline:
- September 2019 - Call for Distinguished Achievement Awards and MDC Excellence Awards to be released.
- January 2020 - Faculties submit nominations for PGR Student of the Year Award (DAA).
- January 2020 - Faculty nominations for the PGR Student of the Year Award (DAA) to be presented to the MDC Strategy Group for consideration and then submitted to the President's office.
- April 2020 - Winner of PGR Student of the Year Award announced.
- 4th May 2020 - Deadline for Faculties to submit their nominations for Best Outstanding Output Award, Best Contribution to PGR Environment, Best Contribution to Society, Best Contribution to Internationalisation Award, and Supervisor of the Year Award. Nominations should be submitted to MDC via the Research Degrees and Researcher development team.
- May 2020 - Faculty nominations for Best Outstanding Output Award, Best Contribution to PGR Environment, Best Contribution to Society, Best Contribution to Internationalisation Award, and Supervisor of the Year Award to be presented to the MDC Strategy Group for consideration.
- June 2020 - The Associate Vice President for Research will present the Excellence Award winners with their medal/award at the Postgraduate Summer Research Showcase on 23rd June 2020 and The President and Vice Chancellor will present the PGR Student of the Year Award (DAA) winner with their award at a special ceremony.
For more information about the award process, please contact email@example.com