Advice for Line Managers
Points to consider when evaluating an application for a course/conference:
1. Does this course/conference support the applicants training needs?
2. Appraise the content of the course/conference.
3. How does the course/conference contribute to improving the student experience?
4. How does the course/conference contribute to achievement of the University’s vision and strategic plan?
5. How will this course benefit the DSE (e.g. dissemination by the applicant, handouts, material)?
6. Is the cost justified? Does the course/conference offer value for money?
7. What are the applicant’s work commitments at the time of the course/conference?