DSE Wellbeing Champion Network
What do the Wellbeing Champions Do?
The Wellbeing Champions’ aims are:
- To support long-lasting good health, happiness and purpose for our colleagues.
- Identify opportunities to improve wellbeing across the Directorate.
- To promote the wellbeing agenda and support our employees to work towards being sustainable themselves.
Ways in which the Wellbeing Champions hope to achieve this include:
- Promotion of the Manchester Six Ways to Wellbeing framework
- Embed the Six ways to wellbeing in all activities and communications.
- Engaging with staff to ask them how they feel should Wellbeing should be improved.
- Deliver a Wellbeing induction to all new starters.
It is important to note that a Staff Wellbeing Champion will not take the place of specialist support services such as Occupational Health and the Counselling Service. Rather they can advise on where a colleague can access wellbeing services.