Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet

Supporting our students

Resources and guidance for staff

Students smiling

How to contact support services

Please see below for details of how to support students to access University services.

University Campus Security can be contacted on 0161 306 9966 (the number is also on the back of your University ID card).

Counselling and Mental Health service

The University's Counselling & Mental Health Service offers confidential help with any personal issues affecting work, self-esteem, relationships, sexuality, race, identity issues, mental health and general wellbeing. They are accessible to all University of Manchester students and all members of staff.

Students and staff are asked to call the Triage and Support practitioners on 0161 275 2864 between 9:30am and 4:30pm (Monday to Friday) to discuss available support.

Disability Advisory and Support Service and UMAC

The DASS and UMAC offices on 2nd Floor of University Place are offering face-to-face, video (Zoom/Teams) or phone appointments – just let staff know your preference.

DASS is open for calls Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and UMAC Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm:

Tel (Disability Service) +44 (0)161 275 7512

Tel (Assessment Centre) +44 (0)161 275 0990

Mobile Number (Text only for d/Deaf students) 07899 658 790

Email (Disability Service)

Email (Assessment Centre)

You can also visit the service in person.

Advice and Response

Students can access specialist, confidential advice and support on a range of issues including sexual assault, harassment and hate crime by requesting to speak to an advisor through Report and Support.

Alternatively, staff can refer students to the Advice and Response team by emailing If you need further advice on a case, you can call 0161 275 5780 (please note that this number is for staff use only).

An advisor will work with students to deliver support in the most accessible way for them - face-to-face, through video-calls, telephone appointments or via email. For more information, please see this page

Occupational Health

The Occupational Health Service provides confidential services to protect the health of staff and students, assessing and advising on fitness for work, training and study, so as to ensure that health issues are effectively managed.

Crawford House 4th floor, Crawford House, Booth Street East, Manchester, M13 9QS

Use the Crawford House Central & West entrance on Booth Street East or via St. Peter's House steps in to Crawford House at 1st floor level. The Occupational Health Service is located on the 4th floor.

Campus Map Location: Building 31

Contact details for staff and postgraduates Contact details for undergraduates

Tel: 0161 306 5806 Tel: 0161 275 2858

Email: Email:

Opening Hours: 9AM-4PM, Monday to Friday (Closed on weekends)

Additional support and services

Quick links to additional services 

Careers Service

Peer Support


Student Services Centre

Students' Union Advice Service


Wellbeing online chat service

Students can chat to a Wellbeing Advisor online between 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm Monday-Friday:

Wellbeing appointments

The Wellbeing Team offer Zoom and face-to-face appointments throughout the week. Students can email to arrange a time.