Process for Managers of Staff who are leaving
- Line Managers should complete an online leaver notification form to notify HR Services of all staff leaving the University.
- In addition they should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the leaver information.
- Line Managers will then receive an automated e-mail response with a link to the mandatory leaver’s checklist that will also be completed online.
- HR Services will complete appropriate verification, requesting further information if required, and process the leaver.
- Where appropriate, staff that are leaving will receive a link to an online exit questionnaire in their confirmation of leaving letter.
- The leaver form does not need completing if someone is transferring internally from one job to another.
- The leaver form should not be used to notify HR of a death in service.
- The leaver form should not be used to inform HR Agency staff are leaving, however you need to inform HR so that IT access can be ended.
- The leaver form should be used in the case of Casual Workers if they are leaving before their end date.
- The form should be used for anyone leaving on retirement, but only after a retirement application has been submitted.