Register of Interests declaration: what you need to do
21 Sep 2022
All colleagues on Grade 6 or above are required to complete a declaration in the Register of Interests system annually, and update it during the year if their circumstances change
Colleagues with no interests to declare must submit a nil return, and those on other grades with possible interests should also declare this.
This is a requirement under University Ordinance VIII and the Financial Regulations. Colleagues must declare any personal interest that might be reasonably deemed to compromise impartiality, conflict with duty as an employee or potentially result in a conflict of interests leading to private benefit.
- If you joined the University since October 2021 and have submitted an online return you will need to complete the submission again as your return will be held within the 2021/22 record.
- If you have moved departments or changed jobs since October 2021 this may not have updated on the system. Please complete your return under your previous department/ job role (this is a known issue and will be addressed in future development of the system).
- To access the Register of Interests system off campus, you need to ensure that you have logged in to Global Protect, the Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, before attempting to access the system.
- It is recommended that you use Firefox or Chrome to complete your declaration. If you are accessing the system on an Apple Mac, do not use the Safari web browser; other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox work with the system. If you have any issues accessing the system, please try an alternative browser in the first instance and then contact email@example.com if issues continue.
What you need to do
- Visit our Online Register of Interests and complete by Friday, 30 September 2022.
To submit a nil return takes only four clicks. If there has been no change to information you have recorded previously, it is not necessary to re-enter these details. Simply check the information and resubmit it.
- Further guidance including FAQ and a demo can be found on the Register of Interests StaffNet page.
The guidance provides examples of what information must be disclosed, the main categories of interest are any paid employment, including self-employment, any board positions held with other companies and membership of professional bodies.
- If you experience any problems using the Register of Interests online system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org