Would you like to progress your career and are wondering where to start?
01 Dec 2022
Resources available through L&OD to support you to develop your career
Whether you are just thinking about developing for your career or actively ready to secure a new role, it is important to plan and prepare.
L&OD offer ideas and inspiration to help you consider your career development. We can help you to start to manage your career path and introduce you to tools to help take steps in the right direction.
The following development opportunities are in place to support your career development:
- Career Development Workshops - Half-day workshops to support with effective career management, and opportunity to reflect on next steps of your career.
- Manchester Gold Staff Mentoring Scheme – mentoring scheme for staff open for applications from mentors and mentees every Spring (applications closed for 2022).
- Social Responsibility and Civic Engagement – we encourage you to attend these sessions to gain a greater understanding of social responsibility and civic engagement at the University.
To support you in your leadership or management development, L&OD have developed two frameworks that provide an overview of key qualities and competencies for effective performance:
Use these frameworks to assess your current strengths and development areas, to support you to identify your next career steps.
There are also a range of resources available to support you to individually reflect on your career direction.
- A Career Development Guide, which contains a selection of career development resources structured to suit the time that you have available
- Guidance on Creating a Personal Development Plan, which covers how to structure and make the most from development resources
Learn, lead, progress
L&OD would like to share resources, ideas, guidance and opportunities to support your development and career progression.
Learn, Lead, Progress will cover various learning topics to ensure you have access to the most relevant and up to date learning as we move through the year.