Support Time to Talk Day on 4 February
26 Jan 2021
Our University made a public commitment in June 2013 to tackle mental health stigma and discrimination by signing the Time to Change pledge
In signing the Time to Change pledge our University is committed to help raise awareness and to tackle the stigma around mental health for our staff and students. One in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year (Mind), yet there continues to be stigmas and misconceptions around mental health.
This year’s Time to Talk Day might look a little different, but at times like this open conversations about mental health are more important than ever. A small conversation about mental health has the power to make a big difference.
On this day, we’re asking students and staff to:
- Take a Break – hold a virtual coffee morning with colleagues or send a quick text to a friend
- Talk – don’t bottle things up. Talk to an advisor, a friend or counsellor – you can tell us your story or even have a conversation #TimeToTalk
- Get informed – about the services available for you or someone you know
- Do something small – that can make a big difference. Send a postcard to a friend or colleague and tag us @UoMEandD
- Join a staff network group