Day 2 of the 12 Days of Learning: Change for the better!
17 Jan 2019
Change is inevitable for our staff, both personally, and here at the University.
Adjusting to unexpected changes at work can be challenging, even if ultimately the outcome is positive. You may need support during times of change, which is why Staff Learning and Development, alongside the Project Management Office, have launched Change Management Essentials, which can be found on StaffNet. This focuses on effective change management, and covers leading, delivering and experiencing change, and includes a Change Management Handbook.
Learning for all (found by clicking the lightbulb in Quick Links on StaffNet) is an online resource which brings together all of our learning content. It provides methods for managing change in the workplace, such as coaching.
How to lead and deliver change
You may need to make some hard choices or work together as a team to make creative decisions to enable change. To learn more about leading and delivering change:
- Visit Lynda to access a short online course on leading change (email StaffLD@manchester.ac.uk if you do not have access to Lynda).
- Discover a range of articles on the Learning and Development Toolkit on change management.
- Take an online or classroom course on change.
- Stream a change management podcast online.
Support during times of change at work
It’s important to focus on your wellbeing at all times, but it’s especially important in times of change.
- This article offers advice on how to make change work for you.
- Find further support during times of change.
The University is committed to improving the wellbeing of our colleagues. Find out more about the University’s Six Ways to Wellbeing, check out our wellbeing blog and discover events, services and support on the wellbeing StaffNet pages.
How will you positively approach change in 2019? Share your learning for 2019 by tweeting @SLD_UoM and use #InspireandBeInspired