Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet
Search type

How to receive payment with or without an invoice

Bank Transfers

If you or a customer wishes to pay directly into the University bank account, please contact Cashiers and they will provide you with the bank details and a unique reference number for the customer to quote when making the payment.

  • For non invoice income please note you will have to quote the activity code, I&E code and source of funds.
  • If an invoice has been raised please quote the invoice or customer / student number.

Income paid into the Income Office

We do not accept cash as payments for Tuition and Accommodation licence (Rent) charges.

For other cash or cheque payments, if an invoice has been raised, it is vital to always quote the invoice number.  If paying into a General Ledger Activity code you must provide the finance code, IE code and source of funds code. The Remittance advice slip is to be completed when paying in cash or cheques.

If you are paying multiple cheques, please complete the cheque list form.

Please note that foreign cheques must be sent directly to the Income Office for payment into the University bank account and will take up to 6-8 weeks to clear.

When depositing cash you must not leave the Income Office without an official receipt.

Credit Card

Credit Card – If paying an invoice please contact the credit control office. 0161 275 8130

Do NOT under any circumstances take the credit card details yourself - this is in breach of PCI DSS legislation.