Try something new this year – University WI is looking for new members
10 Jan 2018
Is your New Year’s resolution to try something new? Learn a skill? Get out of the office at lunchtime?
The University Women’s Institute group could be what you’re looking for.
We are The University of Manchester Busy Bees WI, a small group of busy working women who meet every Thursday, 1pm until 2pm in the UMSA Staff Lounge in the Simon Building.
The first Thursday of every month is our main monthly meeting, each of which features a craft activity, a speaker or demonstration – covering a huge a variety of topics across the year.
All remaining Thursdays we meet socially, just bringing our lunch and taking a proper break away from our desks.
You can visit our Facebook page to find out more, or come along to a meeting – non-members are welcome for up to three meetings each. Our group is open to anyone who self-identifies as a woman, and we’re keen to grow and encourage others to join us.
Programme for 2018
- 11 January ‘Naffle’ and social meeting
- 1 February Talk by Jim Williams, ‘Tango in Madeira’
- 1 March Craft session
- 5 April Make your voice count: WI Resolutions meeting
- 3 May Talk by Jo Welsh, History of code breaking
- 7 June Craft: How to make a ‘Dorset button’
- 5 July KMMA Martial arts/self-defence class with Karl McVety
- August Holidays - no meeting
- 6 September Clarins product demonstration
- 4 October Annual meeting and social
- 1 November Speaker from Manchester Street Angels
- 6 December Christmas Party