StellarHE leadership programme
17 Nov 2023
Deadline extended to Monday, 11 December due to a technical issue
StellarHE is a leadership development programme for Black, Asian, and Ethnically Diverse individuals in higher education.
Our University is pleased to support this programme. This programme has been designed specifically to develop and implement leadership strategies that reflect the unique challenges and experiences of Black, Asian, and Ethnically Diverse academic and professional staff across higher education.
Who is eligible?
The programme is open to Black, Asian, and Ethnically Diverse Professional Support staff, Academics and Researchers at a middle management level. All applicants should have the support of their Line Manager as their support and involvement will be critical to the programme.
How many places are available?
Our University will support eight places in total. These will be for two people per Faculty or Professional Services area and will be funded by the respective Faculty/Professional Services area.
What is the time commitment?
Applicants must be ready to embark on an experiential virtual and in-person leadership programme and available to participate in all activities during the programme.
The timetable for the programme is:
- Readiness Session for participants – 10 Jan 2024
- Managers Race to Action sessions – 12 Jan and 22 March 2024
- 10 January 2024 > Group Readiness Session
- 12 January 2024 > Managers Race to Action Session
- 17 January 2024 > M1 – Orientation & My Leadership Journey
- 18 January 2024 > M2 - Race Strategic Context in HE
- 1 February 2024 > M3 – Authentic Leadership, Identity and Race
- 15 February 2024 > M4 – Leadership Purpose & Vision
- 14 March 2024 > Action Learning
- 21 March 2024 > M5 – Status Now - Leadership MoT
- 11 April 2024 > M6 – iLead 360 - Cracking the corporate Code
- 17 April 2024 > M7 – Future Now - Career Strategy
- 18 April 2024 > M8 – Presence - iBrand & Communicating with Impact Dates
Plus Coaching - Dates TBC
All workshops (except those with a *) are virtual. The programme also includes access to a Learning Platform containing pre-work learning materials and exercises.
Applicants must have the support of their Line Manager to apply and attend. This can be submitted via our Line Manager Support Form
NB: Managers or Sponsors will be required to attend the Managers Race to Action Session on 12 January 2024.
2023 Participant Mehmood Mulla, Lead Data Analyst and UniForum Programme Manager, Directorate of Planning:
‘StellarHE has been a profound transformation in my professional journey. It's not just a course; it's a personal awakening. It unveiled my true self, my values, and the leader I aspire to become. I now have a clear path forward. Beyond the knowledge, it connected me with incredible colleagues from Manchester and beyond, providing an enduring support network. I'm immensely grateful for this opportunity and urge all interested colleagues: apply and let it reshape your professional life. Don't miss this chance for a profound change!’
How to apply
- Application forms can be completed via an online form by Monday, 11 December 2023.
- Applicants are also asked to complete the Equality and Diversity monitoring form.
Line Managers are asked to complete the Line Manager Support Form.
The applications will then be shortlisted against the criteria and put forward for consideration to the Diversity Practice, StellarHE organisers, by their set deadline of 15th December 2023.