Reminder: Applications for the final Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Scheme
23 Jan 2023
Are you interested in spending a short period of time teaching or training in another European country?
The Placements and International Programmes team, on behalf of the European Commission, administer the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility scheme. The scheme provides funding to enable staff to undertake a period of teaching or training in a participating European country.
The 2022-23 academic year is the final year that the UK can participate in the Erasmus+ Programme, and no funding will be available after 31 May 2023. Activities must be completed by this date.
Staff must first identify a teaching/training opportunity themselves, and can then apply for Erasmus+ funding. All successful applicants are eligible to receive funding to contribute towards their travel, food, and accommodation expenses.
The scheme is split into two strands:
- Teacher Mobility (for academic staff only), which provides funding to enables academics to teach at another European university for a short period of time.
- Staff Training (for non-academic or academic staff), which provides funding for staff to acquire training at another university or enterprise, which can be applied to their current position at our University. Training may include: job-shadowing, language training, workshops or courses. The training period can be from two working days to two months.
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility funding cannot be used to support conference attendance.
Participating in the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility scheme is an excellent opportunity to enhance personal and professional development, and allows staff to develop and share knowledge relevant to their area of work. Previous examples of activities funded by the scheme include:
- A visit to Lund University in Sweden by a graduate intern, in order to learn about Lund’s mentoring scheme for international students with the aim of implementing a similar scheme at Manchester.
- A colleague from Residences travelled to France to undertake a French language course, to enable them to better communicate with French-speaking international students.
- An academic from Physics spent 10 days at Lisbon University teaching on a Cosmology course.
All academic and Professional Services staff directly employed by our University are eligible to apply for funding, regardless of pay grade. We particularly encourage applications from colleagues in the early stages of their career, and those on pay grades 5 and below.
- To request an application pack and more information, please contact the Erasmus+ Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit an application is 31 March 2023, although applications may close earlier if all funds are allocated.
This opportunity is offered with the support of the Commission of the European Communities within the framework of the LLP Erasmus Programme. The European Union is not liable for any use made of the information supplied under this programme.