Winners of the Distinguished Achievement Awards 2022
30 Jun 2022
The winners were recognised at an award ceremony in the Whitworth Hall on Wednesday 29 June, 2022
Each year, the President and Vice-Chancellor invites nominations for the prestigious Distinguished Achievement Awards.
Distinguished Achievement Awards recognise staff and students who have made outstanding contributions in one of the following categories: Researcher, Postgraduate Researcher, Teacher, Undergraduate Student, or as a member or team from the Professional Services or the Cultural Institutions.
The winners are chosen for their outstanding performances and significant contributions to the University.
Yesterday lunchtime, the President and Vice-Chancellor Nancy Rothwell, Registrar, Secretary and Chief Operating Officer, Patrick Hackett, Professor Judy Williams, Associate Vice-President for Teaching, Learning and Students, Learning and Students, and Professor Melissa Westwood, Associate Vice President for Research, presented the winners with their awards in The Whitworth Hall – the first time since 2019 that we’ve been able to hold the ceremony in person.
Here are the winners, and congratulations to them all for their outstanding efforts.
Professional Support Services and Cultural Institutions (View citations)
- MECD Early Opening Team
- Domestic and Portering Service Team, Directorate for the Student Experience
Individual Award Winners:
- Debbie Allan, Customer Services Manager, UoM Library
- Stuart Phillipson, Assistant eLearning Manager, Humanities Faculty Office, Teaching Learning & Student Experience (TLSE), Humanities eLearning
- Ellen Stephenson, Sport Coordinator, Directorate for the Student Experience
Researchers of the Year 2022 (View citations)
- Dr Matt Hepworth, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Dr Beatriz Mingo, Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Dr Edmond Smith, Faculty of Humanities
Postgraduate Research Students of the Year 2022 (View citations)
- Mohammed Adam Abbaker Basheer, Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Dr Temidayo (Dayo) Eseonu, Faculty of Humanities
- Halima Ali Shuwa, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Undergraduate Students of the Year 2022 (View citations)
- Soz Aziz, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Emily Na, Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Jason Yu Wong, Faculty of Humanities
Teachers of the Year 2022 (View citations)
- Dr Doron Cohen, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Dr David Hughes, Faculty of Humanities
- Dr Ben Parslew, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Watch highlights from the 2022 Distinguished Achievement Awards