FBMH Black Student Collective launch event
04 May 2022
Join us at the Students' Union on Tuesday, 24 May from 4pm to 6pm
Join us for the launch event of the FBMH Black Student Collective, an opportunity for students of African, Caribbean and multiple heritage students to meet peers and colleagues from across the University. Listen to inspirational stories, pick up top tips for success, learn to network with confidence and get your questions answered, part of a professional skills series of events.
To find out more, join:
- Professor Gabrielle Finn, Professor of Medical Education and Vice Dean (Teaching, Learning and Students), School of Medical Sciences, FBMH
- Dr Adam Danquah, Associate Dean for Inclusive Education and Engagement, School of Health Sciences, FBMH
Panellists will include:
- Banji Adewumi MBE, Director of Equality, Diversity and InclusionCatherine Millan, Access, Student Success and Development Officer
- Mr George Obolo, Third-year medical student and Co-Founder of The Black Excellence Network
- Emmanuel Oladipo, Lecturer in Clinical Education, School of Medical Sciences, FBMH
- Dr Nick Weise, Lecturer, School of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Science & Engineering
Followed by networking and refreshments
Venue: The Nest, Ground Floor, Students Union Building
Who is the event for?
This event is open to all but is particularly relevant for students and staff of African, Caribbean and multiple heritage.