Minimising travel - updated government COVID-19 guidance
09 Jun 2021
Updated government advice for people living in areas where the new COVID-19 variant is spreading
Residents in Greater Manchester and Lancashire have been advised to "minimise travel" in response to the growing number of cases of the Delta Covid-19 variant, updated advice published by the government says.
The new advice states that, wherever possible, people should:
- Meet outside rather than inside
- Keep two metres apart from people that you don’t live with (unless you have formed a support bubble with them), this includes friends and family you don’t live with
- Minimise travel in and out of affected areas.
This new guidance should be considered as advice and not law. Residents in affected areas do not need to cancel plans but should be careful when making new ones, minimising all non-essential travel.
Our advice to all colleagues (irrespective of where they live) continues to be as follows:
- Continue to work from home unless it is essential that you are on campus
- Get tested twice a week for free and isolate immediately if you are positive
- Get vaccinated when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well. Being registered with a GP ensures you receive the communications in a timely way. Please also keep updated with your local primary care team who may be do additional vaccination drives.