Nominations open for the Manchester Adult Education and Skills Awards
13 Apr 2021
An online event to celebrate the achievements of individuals whose lives have been changed by lifelong learning and the dedication of those who have enabled this to happen
The Manchester Adult Education and Skills Partnership will be holding their first annual awards event on 21 June 2021.
There will be award categories for individual adult learners, adult learning practitioners and employers who have significantly invested in the skills development and learning of their staff.
The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University are sponsoring the higher education award.
Do you know of any students that you would like to nominate?
Adult Learner Awards
This may include:
- Those who have returned to learning.
- Those who have used learning as a way of achieving success at work.
- Those who have been empowered by learning to engage with and contribute to their community.
- Higher Education learners.
- Learning groups who have supported each other and achieved more as a collective than they would have independently.
Adult Learning Practitioner Awards
They are keen to hear about:
- Practitioners who have a deep understanding of adult learners needs and demonstrate dedication to the development of others.
- Those who excel at supporting adult learning in other ways, whether that be in a mentoring role, an advisory role or a business support role.
- Those who show extraordinary dedication to adult learning in a voluntary capacity.
They want to hear more about Manchester employers that are dedicated to the development of their workforce and can show how they have through adult education or skills training programmes or partnerships, have enabled employees to thrive, improved productivity and drove social mobility.