How do other road users view you? Find out at our road safety event
08 Oct 2019
Sharing the Road Safely, organised by the Directorate of Estates and Facilities’ health and safety team, will be on Friday, 18 October
Cyclists can get free bike check-ups on the day.
Cycle instructors will be available to give training around cycling alongside HGVs. Get a first person view from the cab of a lorry and learn danger zones around large vehicles. Find out how haulage companies are taking responsibility.
You can also:
- share your experiences travelling the Oxford Road corridor
- take part in a driving or cycling VR simulator experience, and view a car crash story board
- learn potentially life saving techniques if in a collision
- chat to Manchester cycle and walking groups
The event is free and will take place outside University Place on Oxford Road.
RevolveMCR will be onsite with a limited number of full cycle services available discounted to £45 for students and staff from the usual £60.
Contact them directly to book in on 0793 9062600 or email email@example.com with the following details:
- Contact number
- Cycle make and model
- Number of gears
- Brake type and model if disc
- Any known problems or damage