Colleagues influence change in University family policies
24 Jun 2019
Staff share their views on how to develop policies on maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
In November 2018 we asked for your suggestions on how our family policies could be improved via The Hive.
The campaign received:
- 50 ideas
- 163 comments
- 2,112 votes
Following this campaign we have:
- Doubled our bereavement leave in the event of a member of staff losing a child
- Updated our maternity leave and paternity leave policies to provide staff with more time off in the event of a premature birth
- Increased our guidance and training on flexible working
- Introduced Happy to talk flexible working
- Launched new guidance for pregnant staff and their managers, along with e-learning
Thank you to everyone who submitted an idea, comment or vote.
We continue to work on embedding more of your suggestions.