Macmillan Coffee Morning events around campus
25 Sep 2018
There's a number of World's Biggest Coffee Morning events happening around campus all week
The popular event is being held this year on Friday, 28 September, but there are coffee mornings taking place all week on campus.
The Coffee Morning is Macmillan’s biggest fundraising event for people facing cancer. People all over the UK host their own Coffee Mornings and donations on the day are made to Macmillan. Last year alone over £27 million was raised and together we can make this another successful year.
Here's where you can indulge your sweet tooth:
- The Wolfson Molecular Imaging Centre - Wednesday, 26 September in the first floor kitchen.
- Division of Communications and Marketing - Wednesday, 26 September in LG.020 on the lower ground floor, John Owens Building, from 10:30am until it's all gone!
- Teaching and Learning Support Office (TLSO) - Thursday 27 September, from 11am to 12noon, in the TLSO Mezzanine Meeting Room (room M1.002), John Owens Building.
- The Teaching, Learning and Student Experience team - Friday, 28 September from 10am until 11.30am in the Faculty Social Space, Room C28, Sackville Street Building.
- FSE Communications and Marketing team - B28 Renold Building - Friday, 28 September.
- HR Services, 2nd Floor, Simon Building - Friday, 28 September from 9:30am.
- Division of Pharmacy & Optometry - Friday 28 September, from 11am to 1pm in the Ground Floor Training Room, Stopford Building
- Manchester Student Homes - Friday 28 September from 10.30am to 12pm in Unit 1-3 Ladybarn House, Moseley Road, Fallowfield
- Careers Service Team, 3rd Floor Project Office, Crawford House, from 11am to 11:30am, Tuesday, 2 October. There are two prizes up for grabs on the day, the 'Born to Bake' Award and the 'Waggy Tail' Award for four-legged friends, plus a raffle and Place the Cherry on the Gateau.
- FoodOnCampus outlets will be having some special bakes available on Friday, 28 September. The cafes taking part are: Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, The Library Lounge, Café Arts, Lime Café, Atrium Café, Pi in the Sky, Browsers (Sackville Street Building), Café Paris and Café Vivo up at the Manchester Cancer Research Centre. They also have a dedicated text code: JAM HWT9 text to 70550 and this donates £5.
- Christie’s Bistro will have a Great British Bake-off theme to their event on Friday, 28 September and they are looking for support from bakers to donate cakes as well as enter their “Showstopper Challenge 2018”. You could be crowned Star Baker! Simply create a showstopper cake of any shape, size and theme. These cakes will be displayed separately to the main cake sale and the winner announced at the event on Friday morning. From 9am until 11am and continuing throughout the day.
To enter the competition, or to donate a cake, please email email@example.com with:
- Your name
- Cake description
- Allergen information
- State cake sale or competition
Please show your support to any of the events by baking, tasting or donating!
If you don't have time to bake but want to bring something along, Marks and Spencer are offering to donate 10% to Macmillan on selected cakes.
The Macmillan charity understands how cancer can affect people’s whole lives – health, money, family, job; everything. And, after more than 100 years of caring, they understand that the most important thing is to treat people as individuals, not patients.
Peer support group
Here at the University, we have our own peer support group for people affected by cancer organised by the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team. Anyone who has been impacted by cancer in any way - as a sufferer, as a carer, or simply as a friend - can be a member. If you wish to be added to their confidential contact list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.