Giving Tuesday is today!
03 Dec 2019
Today is Giving Tuesday - a global day to give time, money, voice or skills to support good causes and our local communities.
The University is a Giving Tuesday Partner and is supporting this special day for the fifth year running. There will be events across campus to learn about some of the great causes in our local community and the different ways you can give.
Events on campus today
- 11:30 - 14:30, Swap Shop and Bake Sale, Renold's Building Foyer, North Campus (Drop in)
- 12:00 - 12:40, talk by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People including a demo by Jessie the dog, Moseley Lecture Theatre, Schuster Building, South Campus (Book via Eventbrite or drop in if have no access to a PC)
- 12:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 15:00, Heartstart CPR training, Barnes Wallis Building, North Campus (bookable)
- 12:30 - 14:00, Crafternoon for mental health charity MIND with Staff Wellbeing Champion, Nicola Somers, 4.05 Simon Building (bookable plus £5 donation)
- 13:00 - 13:30, A talk by Depaul - a local charity on Oxford Road for homeless young people, Blackett Lecture Theatre, Schuster Building, South Campus (bookable)
Campus map for details of buildings
Other ways to get involved
- Support Lemn Sissay's Manchester Christmas Dinner project.
- Last chance to donate to Wood Street Mission.
- Donate a Christmas food item or treat to Emmeline's Pantry foodbank via the UOM on-campus drop off zones.
- Donate to your favourite charity via our Payroll Giving Scheme.
- Support research and students at the University.
- Join a Social Responsibility programme
- Make a pledge for #GivingTuesday
Visit the University's Giving Tuesday event page for full details of all the events.