Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the University of Manchester siteSearch Menu StaffNet
Search type

No-deal Brexit update

02 Oct 2019

The export of controlled goods/technology to EU member states will need an export licence

University staff and students who are involved in export-controlled activities in relation to EU member states should be aware that if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the export of controlled goods and technology to these states will need an export licence. 

The Government has created an Open General Export Licence (OGEL) to allow for the continuation of such exports after the UK leaves the EU, which will come into force when this happens.

The University has already been registered for this specific OGEL; our OGEL number is OGE2019/000216. 

Before using the licence, please read the conditions.