23 Aug 2019
Within IT Services, we’re running an extensive programme of activities to make our digital services the very best they can be, and improve the way our staff and students can work, study and research
We plan to take advantage of the latest technology to deliver a brilliant digital experience for our staff and students, and as part of this, we’re planning an activity to review our computers, which will ensure that we provide first-rate technology for our people.
This activity involves the installation of software on University computers to discover basic information about the performance of University IT equipment, and an overview of how it’s being used by colleagues.
This software will find out how IT facilities are being used by our colleagues, and will be used to:
- Log the technical specifications of your computer (such as processor information, hard drive space, memory)
- Note which software applications are being used and for how long
- Monitor the speed and performance of your computer
- Identify your username, location, role and department
The software will not be used to:
- Monitor which websites you’re visiting
- Look at or otherwise capture the content of your files
- Capture screenshots
- Capture the contents of your emails or messages
- Log your keystrokes (view what you are typing)
More information and contact details: