How to book rooms for preparing online teaching content
05 Aug 2020
Classrooms are now available for academic staff to book and use for preparing online content in preparation for the start of the new academic year
To book a room, staff should visit Resource Booker where they can choose from two options:
- Book a CTS teaching room in University Place using the booking tile 'Podcast and Video Recording'. Rooms must be booked at least 24 hours in advance, and if staff wish to use lecture capture they will need to turn this on manually using the podcast scheduling tool.
- Book a Media Services room in Humanities Bridgeford Street using the booking tile 'Podcast and Video Recording HBS'. These bookings (typically for more specialised requirements) will need to be pre-approved by Media Services to ensure that they have staff available to offer support.
Please note that anyone returning to campus must:
- Complete the return to campus self-declaration form;
- Ensure your Head of School/Head of Department has arranged swipe card access to the relevant building (email the Access Control team);
- Let their line manager know when they will be on campus.
- More information about technology and facilities to support online teaching
- Frequently asked questions for staff returning to campus
We would encourage staff who want to make use of this facility to make their bookings as soon as possible so we can monitor demand and ensure adequate staff resources are available for cleaning and Media Services support.
The above links should answer most queries, but if you are unsure about any of the above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.