The University is looking for its Environmental Heroes
08 Apr 2013
The annual search is on for staff and students who have gone that extra mile to improve environmental sustainability on campus: send in your nominations by Monday, 15 April.
Environmental Hero/Student Environmental Hero Awards
This year you can nominate staff or students for the Environmental Hero Award or for the Student Environmental Hero Award. We are looking for individuals who have taken positive steps toward environmental sustainability and demonstrated environmental excellence in their Schools, Faculties or Directorates.
Best Energy-Saving Idea and Innovation Award
The University is also looking for the Best Energy-Saving Idea and Innovation Award nominations. The awards represent recognition of innovative and outstanding environmental initiatives and projects on campus.
Examples could include:
- Commitment to changing the way we work by voluntarily taking on additional duties and leadership roles to reduce the University’s carbon footprint;
- Creating more efficient processes that conserve resources;
- Active Green Impact participation and colleagues/senior staff engagement;
- Guiding co-workers through Green Impact to bring about positive environmental changes in their departments;
- Managing and hosting awareness events;
- Educating and inspiring colleagues;
- Dedication to living and working in a more environmentally sustainable way.
The deadline for sending in your nominations is Moday, 15 April.
You can nominate your colleagues or yourself by emailing the Environmental Sustainability team at:
Winners will be announced at the summer Sustainability Enthusiasts' meeting and receive their awards from the President on 17 July 2013.
Follow the ES team on: