StaffNet survey results
15 Nov 2012
A big thank you to everyone who responded to the StaffNet survey - the results are now out!
We have now received the results of the StaffNet survey that was advertised in July 2012. We would like to thank the 136 members of staff who took the time to complete the survey. Their thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated and will prove invaluable when planning our next steps.
Before going into what our future plans are, let us tell you more about what members of staff think about the current intranet, StaffNet.
Things you were satisfied with (rated as Very Good, Good or Satisfactory):
- Staff directory
- Online/printable forms
- Information about products and services
- Policies and procedures
The amount of ‘Not sure’ responses highlighted the fact that people were unsure of what was available on StaffNet, such as personalisation, calendars, access to business applications, information for new starters etc.
Things you were dissatisfied with:
- Search (this was the subject that was commented on the most!)
- The menus available to find information/services
- Access to reports and dashboards
- Lack of re-usable documents (eg. completed presentations, case studies, etc. shared at an organisation level)
- Inaccurate and out-of-date content
- Communication about changes on the intranet
In summary, the main areas that staff felt needed significant improvement were:
- Ease of finding information
- Help completing work tasks
- Enabling staff to contribute & interact
- Quantity & quality of content provided
- Change management & maintenance
What's happening next…
A project called the ‘Manchester Working Environment’ (MWE) was initiated last year to address many of the issues above. Its main objective is to ‘improve the staff online experience’ by bringing together new and improved online services to staff and postgraduate research students.
The focus is on improving three broad areas: communication, collaboration and productivity. As a result, 2013 will see the launch of ‘My Manchester for Staff’.
For more information please visit the IT Services website at:
Meanwhile, if you have any further comments about StaffNet, please don't hestitate to contact us at: