Become a Trustee of University of Manchester Superannuation Scheme (UMSS)
23 Oct 2012
Current members of UMSS in the secretarial/clerical/administrative and related staff category are invited to apply for a vacancy for a Member-Nominated Director (MND).
We are currently looking for one member to join the board and become a trustee director of UMSS Ltd, the trustee company.
Directors of UMSS Ltd have overall responsibility for the management of UMSS and investment of the assets.
There are nine directors of UMSS Ltd:
- Five nominated by the University (University Nominated Directors);
- Three selected by UMSS members according to defined staff categories; and
- One selected by UMSS pensioners (Member Nominated Directors or MNDs).
In order to stand as an MND, you must:
- have been a member of UMSS for at least one year; and
- obtain 20 signatures on an official Nomination Form from UMSS members within your staff category.
If only one valid nomination is received, the nominee will be appointed automatically as an MND. If more than one valid nomination is received, an election will be held.
The role of a trustee is both interesting and rewarding and full training would be provided. If you are interested in becoming a trustee, please download:
- Nomination Form (Word, 17 KB)
Please return completed Nomination Forms by 12 noon on Monday 12 November 2012 to:
- Pensions Office, John Owens Building, University of Manchester
Invitations to apply for this vacancy are being sent by post to all active members of the Scheme who work in a secretarial / clerical / administrative capacity.
for UMSS Ltd