Free cycle training on campus tomorrow
19 Oct 2012
Beginner/refresher cycle training for staff on 20 October.
Can you ride a bike but want a bit more confidence to start leisure or commuter cycling? Then this training is for you!
Pick from either national standard level 1 or 2 or do both:
- Level 1, Off-road: Covering; cycle control, balance, signalling and being aware of everything around you at all times;
- Level 2, On-road: Road positioning, passing parked vehicles and left and right turns.
Dates and locations:
- Saturday 20 October (10am – 12pm): Level 1, University Place external area
- Saturday 20 October (1pm – 3pm): Level 2, starting at University Place and using quieter roads in the local area
To book a place (first come, first served), contact:
- Dominic Wood at the Royal Northern College of Music at Dominic.Wood@rncm.ac.uk or 0161 907 5355
Further courses and options
The University has a limited number of spaces at these events. It is hoped that more courses will be run in Spring 2013 and so if courses are full, a waiting list will be kept.
If you cannot make these courses but would like cycle training, TfGM offers FREE cycle training to all who live, work or study in Manchester.
For details and to book, go to:
Cycling at the University
Full information online at: