e-Portfolios Workshop: How can e-portfolios support 21st century learning?
17 Sep 2012
On Thursday 25 October 2012 (10am - 4.30pm) in Sackville Street Building and Renold Building.
This workshop will explore what we mean by e-portfolios and how e-portfolios can support 21st century learning. Drawing on the work of JISC-funded projects and other significant e-portfolio developments, it will provide a snapshot of learning enhanced by e-portfolios in higher, further and continuing education.
- Introducing, understanding and investigating e-portfolios
- Putting e-Portfolios in context
- How e-portfolios work, developing a model
- The next steps in developing and embedding e-portfolios
- e-Portfolio processes including collaboration, reflection and responding to feedback
- Introduction to Effective Practice with e-Portfolios and e-Portfolios infoKit
- Examples of current systems and completed projects
There are small number of sponsored places available free of charge.
If you would like to apply for one of these places, please email:
- Adele Aubrey at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, however, that JISC event normal terms and conditions will apply, and that JISC will charge £50 to individuals who book but do not attend)
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- The opportunity to discuss and increase their understanding of e-portfolios
- Shared experiences at an individual and institutional level
- Investigated examples of effective practice with e-portfolios
- Explored JISC resources available to support their use of e-portfolio systems
- Tried out examples of e-portfolio systems
Further information about this workshop: